21 December 2012

Chocolate Truffle for Xmas Gift

IMG_9807edit1

I had made some goodness chocolate early this year for some dearies as Valentine's time pressies. Those chocolate require tempering and I tell you hell lots patience is needed. Chocolate have to temper at the right temperature and allow to cool to the right temperature. Any higher or lower will affect the end result.

This time, I cheat in the steps. The easy and quick chocolate truffle do not require any tempering. It's fast, easy and still bring you to cloud nine!

Hey, I may skive on the steps but I did not save on the quality! No matter what type of homemade chocolate you are making, a GOOD quality chocolate is essential! I am never stingy when it come to ingredients, especially chocolate. I always try to get the best chocolate I can afford, yes the BEST I can afford. They are my love, like the way I love my hubby. ;p

IMG_9595edit1

The sensual delicacy is also a great gift for all holidays and occasion. Chocolate makes people happy! I am so making them this festive to spread the jolly!

Recipe: Chocolate Truffle
Makes: 48 bite sizes (30pcs if bigger than bite size)

Ingredients:
• 227g good dark chocolate (i used 70%)
• 120ml whipping cream
• 28g unsalted butter
• 2 tbsp alcohol, optional
• good cocoa powder for coating

Method:
1. Place the chocolate in a large bowl, set aside. Heat cream and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to just boil and immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for a minute or 2.
IMG_9600edit1

2. Stir till smooth. If desired, add liqueur. Cover and place in the fridge until the mixture is firm (about 1-2 hours)
IMG_9602edit1

3. Shape anyway you fancy. Roll them, slice them, scoop them. But immediately roll the truffle in the coating, cover and refrigerate until firm. These truffles can last for a couple of weeks or frozen for a couple of months.
IMG_9607edit1

Recipe inspired by: Maameemoomoo

Finding the right size and shape of container is not easy. Finally got what I wanted after 2 days of crazy search from town to east. Line the base with a 4" doyleys round paper.
IMG_9610edit1

Start with 2 chocolate truffle.
IMG_9612edit1

Finally top with 4 pieces of chocolate truffle.
IMG_9613edit1

Cover the lid, and use a nice ribbon to go round the cover. And there you have a nice DIY gift made from love!

IMG_9637edit1

Lots of highly raved received and some say they are addictive! One bite and you can't stop! My hubby and friends love every bit to the max.

If you don't know what to buy this Christmas, consider making this chocolate, I bet you will be deeply love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Celestial Delish ツ

Similar Post:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...