10 January 2012

The Marmalade Pantry (ION Orchard)

IMG_7966

The Marmalade Pantry ION Orchard
Venue: 2 Orchard Turn, #03-22 ION Orchard, Singapore 238801.
Contact: +65 6734 2700
Opening Hours: Daily 10.00am to 10.00pm
Website: www.mimolette.com.sg

- The Shop
The Marmalade Pantry (ION Orchard) is a open concept café that has a pleasant ambience.

Beside food, they also has an Afternoon High Tea set at $20 each which is available from 3pm to 6pm daily with a minimum order for 2pax.

- The Food
After Tea Set for 2 @ $20/pax = $40
IMG_7966
The afternoon tea include choice of Gryphon tea, a selection of egg and cress, beef and horseradish and green land shrimp finger sandwiches, buttermilk scones serve with strawberry preserves and clotted cream, and your choice of cupcake.

The buttermilk scones is yummilicious!! It's a MUST TRY!

Cappuccino @ $6.50
IMG_7968

Limonata (tart lemon glazed cake) & Hazel (chocolate cake with chocolate hazelnut frosting)
IMG_7949
The now legendary Marmalade cupcake is an icon in itself, having a secret family recipe to its name and a myriad of winning flavours such as Granny’s Apple, Elvis and Limonata to intrigue and delight.

The cupcakes are pretty but they are too sweet to me. Maybe because I don't have a sweet tooth. I've had better ones, in my opinion.

- My Opinion
I think it's a decent place for a lazy afternoon retreat from the heat and vigour of Orchard Road but I find the price a little high given the kind of choices they serve.

I heard their Sticky date toffee date pudding is a killer, probably I go back there to try this.

IMG_7962

Thank you to Wee Yang who has not slept in the previous day still take time to meet me for tea. And to Connie who highly recommend the buttermilk scones to me. I have a relaxing and great chatting time with both of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Celestial Delish ツ

Similar Post:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...