26 January 2010

Cheesecake (Non-Bake) (芝士冻饼-免烤)

Cheesecake (Non-Bake)
There are quite a few type of Cheesecake that doesn't require baking. More or less are the same, except some don't include lemon juice. And some with geltine and some doesn't, more butter or lesser etc.

However this cheesecake I'm sharing with you is one of the better version I'd tried. It's really so tasty that so many of my colleagues asked for the receipe after I bought the cheesecake to office to share with them.

I use a 8" round tin the last time, therefore I make the crust at the side too. Second attempt I use a 6-inch square tin and only make the crust as the based. Both was equally presentable. However square tin look neater and easier to slice too.

This recipe is based on 6-inch sqaure cake tin.
For 8-inch double the ingredients.

Ingredients:
• 150g digestive biscuits, crushed
• 5tbsp butter, melted (i uses about 8-10tbsp)
• 250g Philadelphia cream cheese
• 2tbsp fresh lemon juice
• ½ tsp gelatine, dissolved in 4tbsp warm water
• ⅓ cup sugar
• ¼ cup thickened cream
• 1 honey mango, 6 strawberry / 1 box of blueberries / mixture of raspberry & black berries

Method for crust:
1. Mix the biscuits and butter

2. Line the base and sides of the cake tin with cling wrap and press the mixture into the base

3. Freeze for about an hour

Method for Cheesecake:
1. Blend cream cheese, lemon juice and gelatine mixture and sugar with a mixer

2. Whip cream until soft peaks form. Stir into mixture

3. Remove cake tin from the freezer, then pour in the cheese mixture

4. Spread evenly and chill for an hour or till harden

5. Top with fruits, then serve


2 comments:

  1. hi, thank you for your recipe! I actually tried making it for a friend's birthday recently. Do you mind if i use the abv info on my blog as reference so that I can add in my own tips on the preparation process so as to share with others who may be interested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SH,

    Sure you can, but it will be nice if you can give a little credit to this post ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Celestial Delish ツ

Similar Post:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...